Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Christmas Vacation

I felt bad that Lennard had to go back to work this week when the kids are still off school for another week.  We had a lazy morning, but then I got in gear and got quite a bit accomplished!  I found a purge/clean list for each month this year and decided that I wanted to follow it.  I managed to get laundry through and bread made.  Then, I went through the pantry and cleaned out any expired cans or stale food (not much, but it all got organized at the same time).  I went through two of my corner cupboards and sorted through all the water bottles, tupperware, containers, cups, etc. and got rid of anything that was missing a lid or looking worn out.  I went through all the mugs, plates, and appliances and got rid of a few things.  I cleaned off my counters and washed dishes.  It's felt great!
 The kids have played on the PS4, done puzzles, sang songs, and tormented the cat.  They helped me quite a bit too!  We took a trip to the library this afternoon and they each got to pick out a new DVD to watch this evening.
 Lennard ended up having to work late and didn't get home til almost 7:00pm.  The kids were sad because he was going to take them sledding again, but hopefully we can do that tomorrow.
Our crazy cat was quite the 'help' as the kids tried to do their puzzle!  He thought the puzzle box was a great bed... and then swatted at the kids hands every time they tried to pick up a puzzle piece.  It was quite entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment