Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sister's Weekend

We'd talked about when we could do a sister's weekend and then all of a sudden a couple of my sisters said that they needed a weekend away this month and if we wanted to tag along we could!  Pretty soon, most of us said that we were in and so an AirBNB was booked in Calgary!  (Rachel and Trisha weren't able to make it and then my mom was too sick to come.)

I left at about 4:00 on Friday afternoon after Lennard got home from work and met Shauna, Melissa and Mindy in Fort Macleod.  We stopped at Tim Horton's for some food and then we were on our way.  We pulled up to the house just about the same time as Nysha!

We had a three bedroom house for the weekend (it only cost each of us $25 for the weekend!).  It was nice to spread out and have space to play.  We pulled out all our junk food and played until the wee hours of the morning!  
I think Shauna won almost every game.

 Saturday morning, we had a lazy morning while everyone got ready for the day.  We got to the Cross Iron Mills mall just before lunch, so we had a quick lunch and then got our shopping on!  I'm not a huge shopper, but it was fun being with my sisters.  I did find some cute clothes for the kids on clearance though... and I bought myself some sneakers!
 About 4:00 we went to see "The Greatest Showman".  I loved the nice recliners at the theatre!  It made for a very nice experience.  Of course the movie was amazing!
 We went out to the Olive Garden for dinner afterwards and gave our server a run for his money... although he gave as good as he got.  It was hilarious.  Lots of laughs and lots of wonderful food!  I ate way too much and ached afterwards!

 I was so tired from staying up so late the night before and all the walking in the mall today that I only made it to about 10:00.  The rest of them played for another 45 minutes or so before they all went to bed too.

Sunday morning we all had to be on the road by 9:00 so we started loading up the van around 8:30ish.  Then we discovered that Nysha's car wouldn't start!  Thank goodness for booster cables... and knowing how to use them!

 It was a great weekend away from 'life'.  Thanks gals!  We'll have to do it again with everyone next time!
 The drive home was quick.  Thankfully the roads were clear and I made it home just a half hour before the kids got home from church! 


No comments:

Post a Comment