Friday, January 19, 2018

Date Night

Ben and I got to go on a date together tonight!  He was SO excited to go out with me and got all dressed up.  He opened every door for me and was quite the gentleman.  We went out to Firestone to eat.
 While we were waiting for our food to arrive, we had fun working on his activity sheet that they gave him.  We also had a great talk together.  He informed me that he has owl eyes... but he can switch them to eagle eyes sometimes.  What a sweet boy.
 I had pork sliders and Ben had a Hawaiian pizza.  The food was great, but the company was even better.  We had so much fun just being together.

We stopped at Value Village afterwards and Ben got to pick out a little bag of toys for a treat.  He got a bunch of pirate stuff... plastic knives, etc.  He thought he'd won the lottery.

We made a quick stop at Costco and got his glasses fixed from his fall on the ice, and thankfully they were able to straighten them up.  There are still scratches on the frames and lens, but they'll still work for now.

Before we left, Lennard told Ben that he had to have me home by 8:00 for my 'curfew'.  He was SO concerned when he figured out that we were going to be 15 minutes late.  Thankfully for him, I gave him permission (as his mom) to be that late with his date.  Too cute.

It was so nice to have some one-on-one time with Ben and get to really focus on him.  I feel so blessed to get to be his mom.

Note:  While we were out on the town, Lennard took Emma to the basketball game!  She had a blast as well and hasn't stopped asking to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment