Tuesday, January 9, 2018

ER Visit

I'd been in Lethbridge all morning and had only been back in town for about half an hour when I got a Facebook message from one of the teacher at the Elementary School asking me to call her.  I wasn't sure why I would need to call, but I did.  She told me that she is on supervision and that Ben had just fallen on the ice and split his head open.  

I quickly left the store and headed to the school.  Before I got half way there, Ben's teacher called to let me know that he'd been hurt.  I love our small town and how quickly I was able to get there.  When I got to the school, Ben was sitting in the chairs outside the office with a frozen yogurt tube wrapped in gauze on his cut head.  I was told that they even had to pull his glasses out of the cut in his eyebrow.  Yuck!  He was fine until he saw me and then he got pretty weepy. He'd scraped up his knees when he fell too, so he didn't want to walk.  I ended up just picking him up and carrying him to the van.

We got checked in and they saw him immediately.  There was a student doctor there that checked him out and she said that she was pretty sure it would only need to be glued, but that the doctor on call would need to see him first.  The nurses were great with him and got him some pain killers and a better ice pack.


 Unfortunately, it took the doctor three hours before he finally showed up.  So frustrating!  Thankfully, I had a fully charged phone and was able to get some movies on it for Ben to watch while we waited.
 They were able to glue his cut (although the doctor said it would have been better if it had been done within 45 minutes...grrr....).  At least he didn't have to have stitches.
He was very happy to get to go home.  I was glad that Lennard was able to step in and take Emma out to dance for me tonight.  We both ended up getting home at almost the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment