Monday, June 18, 2012

Catch Up

It's amazing how fast the time goes by.  It's been a very busy week.  On Monday, after Lennard got home from work, my mom and I headed down to Cut Bank for a quick grocery shopping trip.  We didn't get anything major, but I managed to get some good deals on things that I was completely out of in our food storage.

Tuesday, Lennard was busy with meetings at work and then attended the Town Council meeting, so we didn't see him much that day.

Wednesday, Lennard started coaching boys rugby for the Summer Games.  As soon as he got home, we headed out to my mom and dad's to visit with my sister, Rachel, and her family for a bit.

Thursday ended up being a bit crazy.  It was my turn to host our Book Club and, though I thought I had everything planned and under control, I quickly discovered how quickly things could turn wrong!  Each time I had a room clean, the kids would come behind me and destroy it!  Then I made a quick trip with the kids to the store for the last minute ingredients I needed for the dessert I had planned on making, and (of course) they didn't have what I needed.  By then it was too late to bake something else, so I was a bit of a mess trying to figure out what to do.  To make a long story a bit shorter, I finally found a substitute and made it work.  It actually turned out great and it was a nice evening visiting with everyone... it just made me wish I was a little more organized and a little less frazzled beforehand!  To top the evening, Emma decided that she didn't want to sleep with all the fun going on without her, so she ended up being the entertainment!  She definitely kept everyone laughing!

She got a hold of one of the gals 'lip-stuff' and loved putting it on herself and everyone else!

Friday, we made a trip in to Lethbridge.  We got a mini-tour of the new Bishop's Storehouse Complex.  We would have loved to have gone on the entire tour, but by the time we got there, it was past dinner time and almost bed time!  Not exactly the best time to keep kids quiet and still!  It all worked out though and we were even able to visit with Gloria (the social worker we worked with for Emma's adoption).  She was excited to see Emma and how big she is getting!

Saturday (after waiting longer than we would have liked to), we finally got the holes drilled for the fence between us and our neighbors.  We got all but one of the posts cemented in and four sections got the upper and lower 2x6s installed.  It's at least a good start! 


While we were waiting for the guy to come drill the holes, we changed Emma's crib into a toddler bed.  I have been extremely nervous about changing her bed, as I liked her being somewhat 'contained'!  Amazingly, she has done great!  No issues yet (knock on wood!).


Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day.  Emma and Ben gave Lennard a card with their handprints on it (which was great 'fun' to make!).  I gave him a tub of chocolate chip mint ice cream!  I was quite disappointed that not one person mentioned Father's Day at church!  I don't think I've ever been to a ward that they haven't at least wished the dad's a Happy Father's Day!  That evening we took ribs out to share with my mom and dad for dinner. 


As for today... we have got the other pole set for the fence (Lennard had to leave one out so that he could get into the neighbors yard to cut a tree down - which he did this morning).  We've got the upper and lower 2x6x installed on all but two sections (that we hope to complete tonight).  Lennard also had a dentist appointment to have his teeth cleaned, I saw the chiropracter and then Lennard went to coach rugby this evening!  It's been a productive day, which feels good... but I'm exhausted!  I'm looking forward to getting this fence done so that I don't have to be constantly chasing the kids back to our yard!

Lennard hard at work!

Emma and Ben watching daddy work from the dining room window.

No comments:

Post a Comment