Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Potty Training

On Wednesday last week, I decided to bite the bullet and start potty training Emma.  She has been telling us for almost six months everytime she was dirty, but I just wasn't ready to jump into training her.  I finally jumped in and after she had peed through 6 out of 7 pairs of underwear, I was ready to call it quits!  Then, as she was peeing through the last pair, I managed to catch her and get her on the toilet in time for her to finish peeing.  She looked down and the light bulb went off in her mind!  She went to bed that night (in a diaper) and the next morning was dry!  She then asked to go to the potty... and went!  Since then she has not had ONE accident (I know, I'm totally jinxing myself by writing this!).  She is dry after naps and all night long (though we've still put her in a diaper).  I feel like I am constantly running with her to the bathroom, but I don't want the one time I don't take her to be the one time she really does need to go!  It has been so fun to see her get so excited and clap her hands.  She even congratulates herself on doing a good job!  What a funny girl! 

This is the only picture I have... and of course her hair is crazy... but it was the very first time we put her in underwear.  She was so excited to have pink hearts on her panties!

Note:  I just got Emma up from her nap... the first time I've put her down without putting her in a diaper... and she was dry!  What a big girl!  She won't be very happy that I took this picture when she gets bigger, but I couldn't help it... she looks so proud of herself!

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! Way to go Emma.
    The first week is always the hardest on the Mom but it just gets easier and easier. I'm kind of dreading the thought of having to do diapers again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Emma!! We've still got a ways to go with the overnight thing, but I am okay with that... just happy to be done with daytime diapers!! :) --Melissa

    ReplyDelete