Sunday, September 9, 2018

Talks in Church

We had the unique opportunity for each of us to speak in Sacrament meeting today!  Ben got welcomed as the newest baptized member of our ward and then gave his first talk!  So amazing!  The kids did such a good job.  We are so proud of both of them getting up in front of such a crowd and giving great talks.  Ben only had pictures for his just to clue him in to what to say and Emma had hers written out (although when she talked in Primary two weeks ago, she didn't have any notes and spoke for way longer!).  Lennard and I managed to get through our talks without too many tears.  Our topic was how the Book of Mormon brings people to Christ, which we used and then put a Nauvoo twist to it.  I based my talk mostly on the British Pageant and Lennard used the Nauvoo pageant.  I think they all went over really well.

*I'll insert the talks when I put this into a book!  For now, there are too many direct quotes from the pageant that I'm not going to post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment