Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Another Year Older…

IMG_4442_e

I’m not sure why this birthday has been hard for me… but it has!  I felt ‘old’ today.  Not exactly the best way to feel on a day that is supposed to be special.  About half way through the morning I ended up giving myself a pep talk about how blessed I am and that I needed to be a Pollyanna and ‘look for the good’.  Even though I still had moments of ‘blah’, the rest of the day was much better.

I was so touched when one of my good friends offered to take the kids for the morning.  She brought me a box of chocolates, a very thoughtful card (that made my day) and took the kids from 9:30 to 1:30!  And even though I felt guilty for not cleaning and getting stuff done while the kids were gone… I sat and read a book!  It was great!

My parents invited us out for dinner (I didn’t have to cook!) and we had a delicious meal of breaded steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, buns, etc.  SO delicious!  We had cheesecake for dessert and the kids had a blast singing Happy Birthday to me and then Ben blew out the candles for me.  Thankfully they only put 4 on the cake, so that helped!

The rest of the evening I spent at the church for a Relief Society activity.  The best part of the entire evening wasn’t all the classes (sorry!), but getting the chance to visit and laugh with so many different sisters in our ward.  I love our ward! 

It’s been a bit of a roller coaster day, but in the end I can say that even though I feel ‘old’ I am blessed to be where I am in my life.  I have a wonderful life.

1 comment:

  1. You can't be old -- then I would be almost old...... :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete