Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Painted Cookies

I’d been promising the kids that we would do something ‘fun’ today, but I didn’t want to go out in all the snow we’ve got so I had to come up with something quick!  I found an idea on Pinterest on how to paint cookies with evaporated milk and food coloring, so we went for it! 

IMG_4618

The kids wanted aprons on, so we made do with the only two aprons we own (guess what the next project will be?!).  They helped make the sugar cookie dough and then we got down to cutting out shapes.  Ben was determined that he needed Christmas trees (probably because of all the snow outside) and Emma wanted hearts.  We also did boys and girls.

IMG_4622

Once the cookie dough was cut into shapes, the fun began!  They had so much fun painting the cookies (and I didn’t have to ice them afterwards… bonus!)

IMG_4628IMG_4632  IMG_4633

I had as much fun as they did decorating the cookies, and then in to the oven they went to bake! 

IMG_4638

I could have baked them just a touch longer, but they turned out great!  We will definitely be doing this activity again.  I just have to find more cookie cutters other than our Christmas themed ones!

1 comment: