Friday, January 3, 2014

New “Toy”

After finding out that our oven wasn’t working properly (on Emma’s birthday), I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new oven.  We’d ordered it on the 27th, so it’s been a long couple of weeks trying to make dinner without a reliable oven.  I never realized how much I use my oven! 

IMG_4400  IMG_4401
                           OLD                                                                   NEW

The roads were horrible, but we made the trek in to Lethbridge.  It was a nice break from the house… especially since both kids fell asleep within 5 minutes from leaving home and slept until after we’d picked up the stove and fueled up!  So nice! 

We were grateful for a wonderful neighbor to help us bring the oven in to the house. (Thanks, Madison!)  The kids were jumping around and yelling about their new oven… and then had a blast playing with the box it came in!  I was more than excited to see the old range pulled out and the new one slid into it’s place.  I love it!  I love having such a huge window in it and be able to see everything that will be cooking.  I also like that there are three racks… and yes – I will be trying out the convection bake with all three racks of cookies very soon!

We definitely hadn’t planned on buying a new oven, but thankfully we had enough saved up from extra jobs and gifts (electrical, babysitting, and Christmas gifts) that we’ve been able to pay for it outright.  I love not having to go in to more debt!  What a blessing. 

1 comment: