Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mommy’s Hair Salon

Every time I have cut Ben’s hair I have made a big deal about telling Emma that we don’t cut her hair… only at a hair salon.  I’ve had this fear that one day she would find scissors and cut her own hair.  Knock on wood – she’s never tried (yet… I’ve probably jinxed myself now).  Well, this morning, after I cut Ben’s hair, we decided that it was time for Emma to get her hair cut.  It’s the first time I’ve ever cut her hair and I was just a touch nervous.  I have since learned that I need new scissors, but thankfully Emma’s hair has enough natural curl that you can’t tell until you really look.  I think it was an okay job for a first time anyways!

IMG_4478  IMG_4480

This was the before shot.  She was quite concerned that I was cutting her hair and kept saying, “But you said we only do hair at a hair salon!”  I told her we were at mommy’s hair salon and that it was okay!

IMG_4481

This was the first chop… Yikes!

IMG_4482   IMG_4483

Here’s the after… (please don’t look to close!)  It looks better now that it’s dried and curly, but I didn’t get a picture yet.  I’ll try to take one tomorrow when we get her ready for church.

1 comment: