Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Family Time at the Hangar

The last few nights I haven’t slept very well, so when I sat down this afternoon to read a book I was quickly nodding off.  Emma came in to ask if she could play on the iPad and that is the last thing I remember until Ben came in asking where Emma was.  I looked up at the clock and it was 5:00!  I had slept for 2 1/2 hours!  Totally unheard of!  I might get a few minutes here and there, but usually the second I close my eyes the kids are there waking me up and wanting something.

I got up and started wandering around the house with Ben looking for Emma and Lennard.  We went in to every single room, but they weren’t there!  I started to get a little nervous when I couldn’t find a note from Lennard anywhere and then I decided to check my phone.  Sure enough, he had sent me a text message saying that he’d taken Emma with him to the hangar since Ben and I were both asleep when he’d got home from work.

A quick telephone call confirmed that they were both at the airport and that Emma had a request for me.  She asked if I could bring out Subway sandwiches so that we could eat at the hangar.  Ben and I got ready, picked up some sandwiches and a few other things and were on our way to the airport. 

IMG_3403

Lennard had been working hard at finishing up the vapor barrier on the door and was just about ready to put up the first sheet of OSB!  We had our dinner in the trailer, which made the kids very happy, and then while the kids watched a show (and stayed warm), we got going on the OSB.  Thankfully, it went up really easily!  Within 25 minutes we had as many full sheets put up on the door that we could do.  The rest of the sheets will have to be cut now.

IMG_3408IMG_3409

I took the kids home to get them in bed while Lennard finished off putting more screws in and then putting up two more sheets on the East wall.  He’s pretty excited to see sheeting being put up.  It’s sure changing the look of the hangar quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment