Monday, February 9, 2015

Learning

I don’t know how many times I’ve tried to get Ben to hold a pencil or pen and just color.  He just doesn’t do it very often.  You can imagine my surprise when we were out at the hangar visiting with my parents for a bit and looked over to see that Ben had written his name!  I’ve never sat with him to do letters (oops) and although I point out the letters and he recognizes them all, he’s never attempted to write them.  I was even more shocked when I watched him and noticed that he wrote it with his left hand.  Maybe that’s why we’ve had so much trouble holding a pencil?  Who knows.  I had him switch hands and write his name again… and he did!  Both ways and just as clear with both hands.  It’s like a light bulb clicked for him.  He was so proud of himself and so was I!

IMG_3397

No comments:

Post a Comment