Sunday, July 19, 2015

Vacation End… and A Break In

It was such a beautiful morning that we wished we could have stayed longer!  We had a good drive home, but then once we got home, everything came crashing in.

 IMG_5186

IMG_5190IMG_5192IMG_5194

We’d bought quite a bit of groceries in Kalispell and I was anxious to get all the frozen stuff put away. While Lennard was working on getting the trailer unhooked, I grabbed a few bags of groceries and opened the front door.  I noticed that the key turned easier than usual, but didn’t think too much about it then.  I walked downstairs to the storage room and immediately noticed that the door was open.  We always close the door.  Anyways, as soon as I stepped in to the storage room I knew something was wrong.  There was glass all over the floor and when I looked up I found that the window was smashed and open.

I put the frozen stuff in the freezer, walked in to the family room to see that there were things missing there and then went outside to tell Lennard that the house had been broken in to.  What a horrible feeling!  While he called the police I carefully went around to see what else had been taken.  Our room was the hardest hit.  ALL of my jewellery was taken.  Even the pieces that were only sentimental.  I didn’t touch anything, but it was so hard to see that everything had been touched and rifled through. 

IMG_5195IMG_5196IMG_5197

Thankfully, the police came fairly quickly.  Unfortunately, there was nothing she could do.  There was too much dust to get fingerprints (oops) and the blood that was on the broken window wasn’t enough to do anything with.  She got the info she needed and told us to come down to the station tomorrow to make a statement.  We were then able to clean up all the glass in the storeroom and get the window boarded up.

IMG_5200IMG_5203IMG_5204

The thieves took Lennard’s work phone and the kids phone that they play on.  They also took things like the Wii, controllers, charger, apple tv remotes, etc.  Thankfully, it looks like they were in a rush and didn’t search thoroughly because so much more could have been taken or ruined. 

The thing that makes me the maddest is that we had finally got Emma feeling secure at home and now she is scared again of ‘bad guys’ coming in to our home… and I can’t blame her.  Lennard even went and got the baseball bat out of the garage and put it by his side of the bed.  None of us are feeling very safe right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment