Friday, August 26, 2016

Fun Days

I haven't taken many pictures the last few days (gasp!).  We had such a good day yesterday... just no pictures except this one of Ben... ha! ha!  He loves hanging upside down for some strange reason!
 We went shopping in the morning and got a lot of errands done that we normally don't have time for.  It was great not having a deadline!  We had lunch at the trailer and played for a while and then got changed and took the kids swimming at the Holiday Inn.  Everyone has told us how warm the pool is and how fun it is, but we must have gone on an off day.  It was SO cold!  Even the hot tub wasn't hot!
It didn't bother the kids at all though.  Emma hopped right in and played.  Ben took a little longer, but he was still in way before Lennard and I managed to get brave enough to take the plunge!  They have a couple waterslides and it took a LOT of convincing to get Ben to try it, but eventually he did and he loved it.  We could ride tubes down the one slide, so we were able to go on a double tube and take him with us.  Emma went with us a few times and then was off with another little girl that was swimming (she makes friends everywhere we go!).  They only went on the one slide, as the other one was completely pitch black and you had to lay down to go on it.  Lennard sat down to try it out and then decided against it, so later on, I thought I would be brave and try it out.  Big mistake!  I have never panicked as bad as I did on that slide.  I don't mind the dark or laying down, but when there's not enough slope or water or something to keep you going on the slide and you get stuck... that's when I panic!  Seriously scary!  I couldn't sit up and I just had to keep inching my way forward as best as I could until there was more of a slope to get going again.  I know I'm heavier than kids, but seriously, an adult should be able to go down the slide without stopping!  Totally gave me a complex! We were all tired from swimming, so we ended up grabbing KFC and taking it back to eat at the trailer.

Today, we had a nice relaxing morning again.  The kids played at the playground and with friends. We played cards, layed in the hammock and just enjoyed being there.  The only downside is that there are SO many flies at this campsite that it's been a constant battle to try to keep them under control in the trailer!

 After lunch, we took the kids to go on the go-karts and play mini-golf at the Evergreen golf course.  The morning was quite cool, but by the afternoon it was hot.  Lennard and I pretty much melted!  The kids were only able to ride with us on the go-karts, but I think they still had fun.  Ben and I won the race - although, it was only because we left first and stayed in the middle so Lennard and Emma couldn't pass us!  lol

Mini golf was lots of fun.  There were a lot more interesting holes on this course and the kids loved seeing their ball disappear down a hole and reappear somewhere else on the course.  They also loved the water features and (I think) attempted to get their ball in the water just so they could fish it out!
 We were all melting by the end, so we stopped at Costco and got a berry sundae for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment