Saturday, June 2, 2018

Fly-In Breakfast and a Demo Derby!

We had a great turn out for the Fly-in breakfast.  They had a barbecue the night before and a movie in the soon-to-be new pilot's lounge.  The kids had lots of fun playing with their cousins.  Mindy & Dan were going to camp out, but it was so windy that we suggested that they just sleep on the mezzanine in our hangar instead.  Lennard stayed in the trailer with Ben, but Emma and I went home and slept in our own beds.

I managed to get out of taking care of the money this year.  Instead I was able to help mom cook the food. I pretty much took care of making the scrambled eggs for the majority of the time, but I think  that helped free mom up a bit more.  Emma was a trooper and served people for about an hour before asking if she'd ever get to have some breakfast!  

 It was quite windy, but we still had a few airplanes fly in.  Glad to be done for another year though!
 Mid way through the morning, Lennard took Ben and they went to Coaldale to a demolition derby. They had a lot of fun together.

I had Rachel & Cub's kids for the morning too until they got done at the temple, so after we got everything cleaned up at the airport I took Emma, Zach, Lauren, Lucas and Brooke home to play. 
Once Rachel and Cub got back we all went down to Dairy Queen to have some lunch before they headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment