Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Jr Choir Trip

I got to go as a parent helper on Emma's Jr Choir field trip to Lethbridge today!  We had to be at the school for 8:00 so that she could get photos done.  I helped get gowns on all the kids and Ben just hung out.  He said he wasn't feeling great, but he didn't have a fever and I figured he'd be fine once he got going... not... 

As a bunch of the moms were sitting in a classroom waiting for things to get organized, I got a text from Miss Sykes saying that Ben had just thrown up in the classroom.  I hurried down there and found him sitting on the floor hunched over a garbage can looking quite green.  Poor boy.  

I knew that Lennard had a full day planned at work, so I called my mom to see if there was any way she could watch him since I was committed to going on this field trip.  They are crazy busy getting ready to leave to go to Nauvoo on Sunday, but thankfully mom raced in from the airport and picked him up from school.  I felt so bad not being there with him.

Once that was taken care of, the choir kids were separated into groups.  I had five kids including Emma to keep track of during the day.  We loaded onto the bus and headed for Lethbridge.

The kids performed at a Seniors home first and did a great job, then we headed over to go bowling!  I didn't know beforehand, but they paid for the adults to bowl with the kids, so I got to bowl with Emma!  We had a bunch of candies and each time they bowled they picked a candy and depending on the color it told them how they got to bowl.... sitting down, backwards, opposite hand, etc.

When bowling was done, we all loaded up again and went to get food.  It was a gong show at the food places (McDonalds, Taco Time, and Burger King).  There were crazy line-ups and there were kids everywhere!  My group of kids all wanted to go to McDonalds, but Emma wanted to go to Taco Time, so she went with another group.  We were a few minutes late getting back to the school, so kids were racing to get to their buses!  It was quite the end to a crazy, fun day!

Mom had Ben at home when I got there.  He'd slept almost the entire morning.  He was sick all over their little room and was quite upset that he'd made a mess, but he was doing much better by evening time.  I'm so grateful she was able to step in and take care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment