Friday, April 5, 2013

Bedtime Stories

Every night we read a story to Emma and Ben.  A consistent favorite of Emma’s is the book called “Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born”.  It’s a wonderful story, except there are a couple parts that don’t fit ‘her’ adoption story.  I decided that it would be fun to make a special book just for her telling about what makes her special.  I was given a coupon for a free 8x8 book from Shutterfly (paid $8 in shipping) and so I set out to make a book all about Emma!  I finished it in a couple days and today I got the final product!  I am so pleased with how it turned out and Emma is already telling me about her special book and how it’s just for her.  I was happy to hear her tell me that Benny needed one too now (which I’m already working on).  There are a number of pages in the book with pictures her birth parents, that I won’t be showing on the blog (I want to respect their privacy), but I thought you might enjoy seeing a few of the other pages! 

I’m really hoping that as we read this ‘story’ to her that she will recognize how special she really is and how much we love her and are blessed to have her in our family. 

IMG_1679IMG_1680IMG_1681IMG_1682

3 comments:

  1. Awww, made me get teary eyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few pages that I think I will have a hard time with every time I read it to her!

      Delete
  2. My eyes watered reading it. Such a special book Lou, and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete