Saturday, April 13, 2013

Time Out for Women

After all the craziness Friday night, I definitely needed a “Time Out”!  I thoroughly enjoyed getting to attend TOFW with my mom, sisters (missed you, Rachel) and friends. 

IMG_1639

I learned a lot about having faith in our Savior; serving others; applying the atonement in our lives; finding holiness in our lives; trusting that the Lord sees the big picture; recognizing that the simple things can be what makes the difference; and finding joy in our journey NOW.  There was a lot more than that, but those are some of the highlights. 

One of the presenters (Richie Norton) asked the question, “What would you regret NOT doing when you’re 80?”  It definitely made me stop and ponder about what my priorities are and what things I’ve been dreaming about doing.  I’ve really wanted to go back to Europe for a long time.  Not just for a vacation, but because that is where Lennard’s grandpa is buried.  Lennard and Ben are both named after him and for some reason, I feel very strongly about visiting his gravesite.  Not only that, but Lennard was born in Germany and I would love to see where he was born.  I’m not quite sure how we can pull it off financially, but it’s a high enough priority (in my mind), that I want to really work towards making it a reality.  I would definitely regret not going if it keeps getting put off like it has in the past.

521934_10152295808450656_1316694425_n

Group photo at lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment