Friday, April 12, 2013

Trip to the ER

IMG_1635
It never fails that something will go wrong when you have a deadline…  I was trying to get some things done around the house before leaving to go to Time Out for Women when I heard a sickening thud and then ear-piercing screams.  I immediately raced into the living room where Ben was.  My first thought was, “What did he get on the couch now?”  and then I realized that he was covered in blood!  I raced over, picked him up, yelled for Lennard and got him into the kitchen.  I grabbed the first towel I could reach and attempted to staunch the blood.  After a couple of minutes we were able to get the blood stopped and found that he had just popped his forehead open.  I was able to get some gauze over the cut and we headed down to the ER to get it taken care of. 
By this time I only had about 45 minutes before I was supposed to pick up friends to head in to Lethbridge, so I was really hoping that we could get in and out of the ER quickly  (wishful thinking).  They were extremely busy and I finally decided to leave Lennard with Ben there while I took Emma back to the house with me.  I called my parents and my dad agreed to come stay with Emma.  In the fifteen minutes before I had to go, I attempted to clean up all the blood in the living room.  It’s amazing how much blood came from such a tiny cut! 
I managed to get most of it cleaned up, grabbed my purse and headed out the door about 5 minutes later than planned!  My mom took the truck down to the hospital so that Lennard would have a way to get home while I went and picked up my friends (Shannon and Jen).  We then stopped at the hospital to get my mom and found that Lennard was out with Ben and ready to head home!  They were able to just glue and tape the cut.  I was relieved that he didn’t have to go through getting stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment