Friday, August 3, 2018

Family Time

I had a hard time waking up this morning.  My ankles are huge and itchy from bug bites. We finally got going and had some cereal for breakfast before going to meet Grandpa Nichols and the Harper's at the Visitors Center. We walked through the Women's Garden with them and then headed down to listen to the bagpipers play on Mulholland Street.



 We left Grandpa and the Harper's there so we could go to our Cast Picnic at the State Park.  It's 30°C today and of course humid, so I was drenched in no time. We shared Smarties with the kids and brought Dill Pickle, Ketchup and All Dressed potato chips to share. We visited for a bit, but then had to go so we could get seats saved for the pageant tonight for Harper's/Nichols. Lennard dropped the kids and me off at the trailer and then went to get in line. I got the laundry folded and put away while the kids messed around.  The trailer is such a mess and I need to get things cleaned up so we're ready to leave on Sunday.  I want a nap though! I did manage to get the dished done and a few things tidied up before we met Grandpa and the Harper's at Hotel Nauvoo (again!).

This time they had shrimp and we all ate lots! Yum!


We headed off to company meeting while they went down to Sunset on the Mississippi.  After Cast meeting we raced back to the trailer, got costumes on and headed down for the final British pageant performance (already!).
Ben Bohman was a bit tired during Cast meeting!
It was hot tonight, but I enjoyed visiting with people.  There was a couple that I'd met last night that said they stayed an extra night so they could see the British Pageant just because of talking to me yesterday!  They've been visiting temples and had just been in Cardston last week so it was neat to connect with them.  They're from Texas. 

We took Alicia, Sarah and Rigel backstage and showed them around and then it was time to start.
Backstage gets busy!
I flubbed a few moved in the dances, but overall it went well. It was a powerful sight to see the missionaries flooding onto the stage as we sang "Called to Serve"!  I had a hard time singing. It's hard to believe the British Pageant is done.  We had to turn in our British costumes tonight. I have to say that the ladies who took our costumes tonight are saints - they were all completely soaked in sweat.  What a service!

No comments:

Post a Comment