Monday, August 6, 2018

Travel Day

 I had a rough night sleep... there was SO much traffic all night long and my back hurt a lot, so I tossed and turned.  I was up by 7:00.  It took a bit to get the kids up and fed, but then they just wanted to go play instead of loading up. We all got a bit frustrated.  I finally turned on the British pageant soundtrack and we all calmed down.
 We stopped in North Platte, NE to fuel up and decided to eat at Denny's.  Big mistake! It took forever and Ben tried to order two different sides that they didn't have.  They brought his plate with 4 chicken nuggets on it and that's it!  They didn't have any sweet and sour sauce.  Then they didn't bring his grapes until I reminded her again.  Lennard ordered a Prime Rib Philly Cheesesteak and they brought him something with chicken.  The whole situation was ridiculous!  Never again!

When we left to go I decided to give Lennard a break and got in the driver's seat!  He was shocked and the kids made a big deal about me driving the truck and trailer. Thankfully it went fine... even with all the construction. 

We got to Cheyenne, Wyoming and the kids took off to try out the playground and the mini golf course.  They were desperate to go swimming so we took them over for a bit. There was a mom from Texas with her two girls that I visited with.  We then got out just in time as a thunder storm blew in.


We decided to go eat at Panda Express for dinner and then stopped at Walmart for a few groceries. I got a couple pairs of shoes for Emma (for school). We also got a new wiper for the truck so I'll be able to see now!  We got the kids in bed by 8:45.  We hope we can be on the road by 8:00 tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment