Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Rough Day

What a day... it started out okay.  I was up at 6:00 and went over and had a shower.  We all ate and were on the road by 8:00.  We stopped at a Flying J just down the road to get fuel and Lennard had me finish fueling up so that he could go to the bathroom.  As we were pulling out he mentioned that he was feeling 'off' and sort of achy. We were only five minutes down the road when he had to suddenly pull off so he could throw up. Poor guy was freezing and shaking. I got a blanket and a bowl (just in case) and gave him some Gravol and then I got in to drive. I drove all day. We stopped for fuel and something to eat and Lennard was doing a bit better. 

I drove into the canyon and then Lennard took over for the last 45 minutes in the city traffic.  We got to Lagoon and Emma just about lost her mind when she saw all the roller coasters!  She wanted to go right then and had a meltdown when we told her she had to wait until tomorrow.  

We finally got the trailer set up and had hoped to take the kids to Temple Square, but Lennard started freezing and shaking again. The kids have found other kids to play with for the moment, but I'm tired and frustrated that I don't even want to be here. I'm frustrated that we've already bought expensive tickets for Lagoon and now Lennard might not even be well enough to enjoy it. I wanted to finish our 'book-ends' by seeing the Salt Lake temple and now it doesn't look like that will happen. It's not Lennard's fault.  I hate that he's not feeling well. I'm just grumpy at life and sad that things don't seem to be working out.  Not the way I wanted our trip to end.
The view from our campsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment