Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Another Busy Day!

The kids had fun trying out some of the other activities at Country Fair tonight!
Lennard was gone at 7:15 to be at the stage for 7:30.  We got to the stage for 8:00 and immediately got started learning a bunch of blocking.  It's all a blur now!  There were so many cues to remember when to come on stage and what entrance to use.  I made some notes, but now it's hard to remember all the details.  We had a quick lunch and then had a two hour dance rehearsal.  Lennard and I lucked out and got assigned the Welsh dance which is definitely one of the easier dances to learn.  They asked us to go through the complete dance for one we learned half of yesterday and it was like I hadn't done it!  It's a good thing Lennard remembered most of it and cued me to what to do.  There's so much to learn!

We headed back to the trailer for dinner and I attempted to do my own hair.  After 45 minutes, I finally had it up... it wasn't great... but it was up.  I got a few bites of some spaghetti before we all had to be dressed and up to HQ for Company meeting.  I ended up having to do Emma's hair there as I'd just run out of time.  The kids sang with all the other Primary children and they did such a good job.  I wish we'd thought to record it!  I'd left my phone in the truck. 

The gal who spoke told about how she sewed the new temple panels that we use in the pageant.  It was interesting to hear about all the work that went into them.  Ben fell asleep during the meeting and slept all the way down to the Pageant grounds.  I carried him over to the puppet show and he slept for another 20 minutes or so on a bench!

Once we got going the puppet show went pretty well.  It was super humid tonight and I was literally dripping (yuck!).  The British Pageant was great to watch - especially getting to see the scenes we ran today.  It helped to see how it all goes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment