Sunday, July 15, 2018

Setting Apart

We had a very special experience on Sunday when each of us got to be set apart as part of the Nauvoo Pageant and as special representatives of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the duration of the pageant.  The bishop then went on to give each of us a blessing with very specific things for us.  It was such a wonderful moment to see how excited Emma and Ben are to go be in the Pageant. 

Ben was told that he would be able to have a sensitivity to the Spirit and that he'd be able to share his testimony by his actions and words.

Emma was told that she'd be able to find ways to be a peacemaker and that she'd be able to meet new people and develop good friendships with them.

I was blessed that my mind will be at ease.  (What a blessing for me at this crazy time of preparation!) I was also told that I'd have an increased degree of patience and endurance.  One point of my blessing that struck me was when I was told that I would have the ability to connect to and feel the connection with ancestors long passed and that I will be able to share testimony with those around me of that connection.  It makes me think about the prompting I had to research my ancestors last month and make a small book about those who were in Nauvoo and in England at the time these pageants are portraying.

Lennard was blessed that he'd be able to anticipate the needs of our family and be able to fulfill them.  He was also told that he would have an increased amount of faith in the priesthood authority and that he'd be able to call upon it when necessary.

It made everything so much more real!  We really are leaving this week and will soon be in the thick of things in Nauvoo.  We have talked about it for so long that it's strange that it's really coming...and soon!  I pray that however things go in Nauvoo that we will be brought closer together as a family and we will have a stronger testimony of this gospel.  What a blessing it is to get to participate in these pageants!

No comments:

Post a Comment