Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Long, Hot Day

Lennard headed out early with Chad and Jed Weyland and his boys to get to the stage.  Lennard's assignment is to help take the temple down, so they practiced that.  We got a ride to the stage with Sara Weyland and the rest of her kids.  

To say that it was hot at the stage would be an understatement! Whew!  The kids didn't enjoy it.  We were watching the Yellow Cast dress rehearsal for the Nauvoo Pageant that they perform tonight.  We got an umbrella from my mom, but it didn't help much.  Lennard went and got us all cooling neck bands from the First Aid station and that helped a bit. I ended up taking the kids to sit in the shade for a bit to get us all cooled down.  

We joined in on the finale and then had a short break in the Grove (ahhh... shade!).  They supplied freezies for everyone.  While we were waiting, we were approached and asked if Emma and Ben would be willing to be Joseph and Emma Smith's children in the pageant.  They were SO excited!  I was surprised at how excited Ben was especially.  We met in districts then and learned a bit of blocking with the Yellow Cast teaching us what to do.  It got a bit confusing at times as there was so much going on around us.
 Bluff District is part of the arriving Saints so we come in 'on the boat' and have to carry in trunks on one side of the stage and set them down in a house on the other side and then get our 'traveling clothes' off all before a song starts so we can gather! Our district isn't in the healing scene, but because Lennard is one of the apostles, he is!  He's going to have a fast costume change to get to us before we go on for the picnic scene.  We ended up being right in the front on the small satellite stage for that scene.  No hiding in the back for any of us! We had lots of water breaks to try to stay cool, but by the time noon came we were all very ready to find some air conditioning!  We have until 2:00 and then we meet at HQ for 2 hours of dance rehearsal!
 Dance rehearsal today was hard for me.  It felt like I was the only one missing steps and not getting it.  I got pretty down on myself.  Between that and knowing I have to figure out my hair for tonight - I was stressed!  It's so hard to just let it go and let it be.  When rehearsal was done they had cake for everyone for Pioneer Day and then we had to race back to the trailer.  You would think a two hour break is lots of time... but it's not!  It was almost 4:30 when we got to the trailer.  The, by the time we fed the kids, figured out what costume pieces we needed for tonight, did Emma's hair, got everyone dressed and then back to HQ so that Louisa could help me with my hair... Lennard and I didn't get anything to eat! 
 From Company meeting, we headed straight to Country Fair and had a group waiting for us at the Puppet Show while we tried to get set up.  Emma loved every minute of the puppet show.  We had a bit of conflict with the kids on who would get to narrate, but we finally worked it out and it was good after that.  Emma loved getting to hand out beads, maps, etc.

Ben just hung out.  He helped with the puppet show a bit and shared beads too.

 We got everything packed up and then went to watch the pageant until we came in at the finale.  We hadn't got very clear instruction as to when we came in, so it was a little unnerving, but it all worked out.  I'm very nervous for when it's our turn to do the whole pageant!
I got to see Stephanie (Hodgkinson) Ratcliff tonight.  My mom must have found her and told her I was here.  I haven't seen her in years, so it was fun to chat for a few minutes.

The kids got their treats tonight and they both went to bed fairly quickly - and now it's my turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment