Thursday, July 26, 2018

Lots of Firsts

Lennard had to be on the stage for 7:00 am again this morning, but when we got to the Weyland's to ride with them to the stage, they couldn't find their van keys!  Louisa had already left, so the kids and I got a ride with a sister missionary to the stage where I told Jed what was going on.  He then took our truck to go find the keys and get his family!

We went through the Nauvoo pageant on stage and I ended up racing to figure out what entrance to be at and when to come in.  There's so much information and with two pageants it gets muddled quickly!  It went pretty well though and I made some good notes that hopefully will help.  

Lauren Mace and Emma during District Meeting in the Grove.
Afternoon dance rehearsal was good too.  We learned the last dance for the British Pageant and then reviewed two dances that we'd 'learned' earlier.  There were lots of mistakes while we tried to remember but it was great to review and catch a few more steps this time!  The kids were overtired and grouchy so we had a few moments of frustration with them.  It's been such long, busy days. 

I got most of my hair done, but then got Louisa to help with my bun.  Hair has definitely been one of the most frustrating aspects of the pageant.  Thank goodness she was willing to help!  

As we were sitting in Company meeting tonight, Ben suddenly turned to me and his tooth was just dangling!  I pulled it out as we were sitting in the chapel!  He was SO excited to finally lose his first tooth! 


 Country Fair was great tonight.  There were lots of people and I got to have some great conversations.  The puppet show ran a lot smoother too without any drama from kids. 


The pageant was great, as usual.  I took lots of notes and videoed a few of the dances so that I can review them more.  It was amazing getting to be in the finale.  Emma managed to run all the way to the front of the stage!  We then got to mingle with the crowd and again had some good chats.

Lennard was busy helping put the temple down, so I ended up standing and chatting with Louisa, Sara and Andrea (Gardner).  It was such a great night!  The, after we got back to the trailer and almost had the kids in bed, I ran over to use the bathroom and ended up chatting with Chad & Louisa for quite a while along with some other cast members.  It was so nice to just take a minute and visit and have a break to unwind. It was 11:40 when I finally got back to the trailer!  It's now midnight and I'm going to crash!  It's been an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment