Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Preschool Screening

Emma was scheduled to do her preschool screening at 11:30 this morning.  I’m sure she thought 11:30 would never come.  She asked me constantly all morning if it was time to go.  We ended up being a bit early for our scheduled time, but I couldn’t wait any longer.  I’m so glad we signed up for preschool in the morning and not the afternoon. 

2014-05-07b

They did a speech assessment and the teacher that did it was laughing with me afterwards saying that she was the first child that day that didn’t have issues with any speech sound.  I knew her speech wouldn’t be an issue.  Maybe getting her to sit quiet and not talk will be an issue… but she’s a pro at talking!  She was disappointed that she didn’t get to stay longer. 

September can’t come soon enough for her.  I have very mixed feelings about it.  I’m excited for her to learn new things and make new friends, but I’m not sure that I’m ready for her to be old enough to be in school (with all that that entails).  Guess we’ll just take it one day at a time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment