Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving by inviting my side of the family over for dinner!  We missed Dave & Nysha and Mike & Melissa as they had other plans.  We still fed 30 people!  (Would have been another 8 with them!)  Rachel had their exchange student, Laura (from Spain), with them as well.  With that many people to feed I totally wimped out and pulled out the paper plates.  I know some people are gasping in horror right now… but until you come volunteer to wash dishes… yup, the paper plates stay!  We had turkey, ham, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, macaroni salad, pistachio salad, squash, roasted carrots & parsnips, orzo, rolls, devilled eggs, pickles, olives, pumpkin pie, and apple pie.  Yum! 

IMG_3705IMG_3707

We made a buffet line and everyone filled up.  We had two tables in the dining room and one in the living room and managed to have enough seating for everyone!

     IMG_3709  IMG_3711  IMG_3712 

It was Roger’s birthday as well, so we made one of the apple pies into a ‘birthday cake’ for him!  We also sang to Dan and Matt who’s birthday’s were a few days before and to Dad who’s birthday is in six days!

IMG_3713  IMG_3714

We all hung out afterwards and visited… at least until most of the guys decided to go try out Roger’s new gun that he got for his birthday.  Lennard pulled out his guns as well and they all went shooting for an hour or so.

IMG_3715 IMG_3716

Cub hung out at the house and kept Lucas entertained, while the rest of the kids played outside!  The weather couldn’t have been more perfect.  The kids played outside most of the afternoon and, for the most part, got along really well.  I love this picture of Emma in mid-air!

I am truly grateful for the amazing family that I have.  We may not get along all the time, but when it comes down to it, I know that they will always have my back no matter what.  Some of my very best friends in this world are my mom and sisters.  I don’t know what I would do without their friendship and love. 

This past week Lennard has been away in Ponoka for a live-line course for work.  It has made me even more thankful for him and all he does.  I am definitely not made out to parent alone!  I am so thankful that we are going through this life together.  Emma and Ben are the icing on the cake.  They make me laugh (and groan) more than I could have ever imagined.  They make me stop and see the world through their eyes.  What an amazing gift we have been given to be their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment