Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat!

I felt bad that we didn’t really hand out treats last year, so this year I decided to send Lennard out with the kids while I stayed home to hand out treats.  The kids were SO excited to go trick or treating, but I didn’t manage to get a few pictures before they took off!

IMG_3839  IMG_3840

I don’t love Halloween (sorry to those who do).  I definitely don’t go all out getting costumes for our kids either.  I went through the dress-ups that we’d been given and found some that fit the kids… hence… Ben was a horse and Emma a lady bug!  (I did buy the lady bug costume at a garage sale for $10). 

IMG_3842  IMG_3845

I laugh every time I look at this picture of Emma.  She was being so silly.  They don’t look too excited to head out in this picture, but they just weren’t very happy to have to wait while I took pictures of them!

IMG_3846

Off they go!  Lennard took them to a few homes to people we know who live close by and then after about half an hour came and got the truck.  By then I had only passed out candy to about a dozen kids, so I went out with them for a bit.  It was fun to watch their reactions.

IMG_3847IMG_3852

We went to the community party at the high school for a few minutes afterwards, but it wasn’t anything too crazy.  We headed home and they got to see what they’d got for treats.  We’ve definitely got more candy than we need in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment