Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me!

First thing this morning, Emma crawled in to our bed and was so excited to wish me Happy Birthday.  She made me a card and couldn't wait for me to open it.


Shannon took the kids for us at noon and Lennard and I headed in to Lethbridge.  Lennard has been enjoying dropping hints about what he is getting me for my birthday.  Of course he loves keeping me in suspense and so after we had a great lunch at Boston Pizza and did a few errands, he started driving over to the north side of Lethbridge into the industrial area.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out what he could have possibly bought me, but then we pulled in to a building and I saw my brother, Roger.  I was still confused... until we walked in and saw the beautiful king size bed that he'd made for me!  I guess Lennard had asked him at Christmas time!  What a guy.


We got it all loaded up into the back of the truck (and just about froze!) and headed for home.  We were both excited to get it home and set up before we got the kids.


It set up really easily, but I think we were both shocked at how much it filled the room!  We've had our mattress and box springs on the floor for years and so without any kind of frame it didn't feel that big.  It's definitely big and the mattress is high, but I love it!

We went and got the kids from Shannon's and they were more than happy to test the frame out by jumping on the bed!  Before they went to bed, we got some cake out and they sang Happy Birthday to me.


It's been a wonderful day with phone calls, messages and texts from so many family and friends.  I'm so blessed.  Here's to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment