Sunday, January 3, 2016

Life Never Slows Down...

After the last few chaotic Sunday's, I was geared up for a crazy day... thankfully, my fears were unfounded!  It was a little wild getting all the kids to the right classrooms, doing Sharing Time and organizing last minute things for teachers, but it wasn't as rough as the last two Sunday's have been for me.  I wish I'd got the new bulletin board up for today, but I got sick Friday and ended up in bed almost the entire day yesterday.  I still managed to get the newsletter done, photocopied and labelled last night at 9:00, so I don't feel too bad.  We've now got to get a meeting set up so we can plan our Baptism Preview that will happen in two weeks!  Yikes!

Ben was up at 4:00AM this morning crying about a sore cheek... we couldn't figure out what was going on, but after he cried for 2 1/2 hours, we were at our wits end and ready to take him to the ER. We'd given him cough medicine when he'd first woken up, then we tried Anbesol on his gums and cheek to see if that would help and finally we gave him Advil just after 6:00.  That seemed to do the trick, because just after I'd got him dressed and Lennard was ready to take him down to the ER, he stopped crying and has been fine ever since!  He was very tired in Sacrament meeting (go figure), but he did okay in Primary.

Emma was a little nervous for new Primary teachers today, but when I asked her after church how her class was, she replied, "It was awesome!".  I'm glad she had a positive experience.  To Ben, everything is boring at church.  Doesn't matter if he got to participate or do things that he wanted to do, whenever he's asked - it was boring.  I take it with a grain of salt.

Our Disney countdown activity today was to decorate a container for coins to be used in the Penny Press machines at Disney.  The kids had fun picking what picture to put on their container and what it had to say.  They turned out really cute and the kids are excited to make some pressed pennies.  I've definitely got to get more quarters, but it's an easy (and less expensive way) for them to 'buy' things at Disney.





No comments:

Post a Comment