Thursday, January 21, 2016

On Our Way!

After I dropped Emma off at school, I gathered the toiletries and closed the suitcases up.  Everything was done... and I still had hours before Emma would be home!  It felt like the longest morning in the history of mornings!  Ben was content to hang out and play on the iPhone or watch a movie.  I could have been doing some last minute cleaning or something productive, but I spent most of the morning watching the clock!  I'm so excited for this vacation!
 As soon as Emma was home, Lennard got home from work, got changed and we were off!  We stopped in Fort Macleod to get some lunch at Tim Horton's and then we kept going and got to Calgary in the early afternoon.
 We ended up taking a bit of a round about way to get to our hotel (thanks to the GPS), but we finally got there.  It's a newer hotel and we got a pretty good deal on-line from Travelzoo.  It included the room, breakfast and parking for the week we will be gone.  The kids were SO excited to discover that they could change the lights on the beds.  Pretty fancy!  When the shower has an instruction sheet so that you'll know how to turn it on - yup - fancier than we usually get!  It even had a TV in the bathroom.
 After dropping off all our luggage in the room, we decided to go 'play' at Bass Pro Shop for a while.  The kids (and Lennard) love climbing on all the quads and dreaming!  We had to go check out the fish and the yellow airplane and then we walked down the mall to the food court for some dinner.
 When we got back to the hotel, we surprised the kids with new Disney pajamas to sleep in!  We tried to convince them that 6:00 was a good time to go to bed (we didn't tell them what time it was... just that it was bedtime!).  After listening to them messing around for about half an hour, I finally went and put Ben in bed with Lennard and I slept with Emma.  Within a short while they went to sleep.
I didn't sleep great, but half of that was because I was scared that we would sleep in.  I finally got up and set the alarm on my phone so that I knew we had a back up, and then I finally fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment