Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gratitude Day #13: Little Blessings

So this may seem silly, but today I am so incredibly thankful that when Ben undressed himself and took his diaper off (for the first time), that it wasn't a dirty diaper!!!  I've felt very lucky that my kids haven't discovered how to take their diapers off by themselves.  Emma never did, so I was hopeful that I would just skip this parenting right of passage... but Ben figured it out tonight.  I was upstairs in the kitchen when my little streaker came racing up proclaiming, "Wook, mom!"  He was so proud of himself that I was almost afraid to go downstairs and look at what the damage was.  I managed to chase him down, get a diaper and pajamas on him and then went to see what kind of mess I had to clean up.  Thankfully, he was kind to me (this time) and his diaper was only wet!  I think I'm going to have to find the duct tape soon!

We're working on the tile again... it's not going as smoothly... we've already broken one drill bit trying to drill the hole for the shower head.  It could be a very late night.

11:15pm - We just finished... with the very last tile is in place.  We had NO left over tile... way too scary how close it was to not having enough to finish!  So glad we've managed to get this much done!

No comments:

Post a Comment