Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gratitude Day #21: Time Out

I've have been terrified of letting Emma use scissors... I've seen way too many horrible haircuts from kids who have experimented with scissors!  After seeing her try to use them at Stay and Play, I decided I'd better at least let her try them (under my contant supervision!).  She loved cutting up the paper.  She definitely doesn't hold them properly, yet, but that will come.  I even pulled out the glue stick and let her 'glue' to her hearts content.
Ben got right in to it too and had a blast.  He even managed to hold them right a few times... just not in this picture!
I had a Relief Society Craft Night at the church with a dinner, so I came up with something quick and easy for dinner.  We made popovers and the kids had fun 'helping' make them... though if you look at the picture you can see that Emma enjoyed eating them more than putting them into the tins!
It was such a nice 'time out' for me to go to the church tonight.  I love being able to sit and visit.  We don't get the chance very often in this ward, so when it does happen I make sure I'm there!  I love the sisters in my ward and the chance to get to know them better.


No comments:

Post a Comment