Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude Day #18: Wonderful Life

Every Sunday I tend to shake my head and wonder if we'll ever get through Sacrament meeting again without a meltdown.  I know that the kids are just tired, especially with having church go until 2:30.  It doesn't help that they've missed lunch and naps...  I 'know' that... but it's still frustrating when I can't tell you anything about the meeting I just tried to sit through.  Having said that - I've been trying to 'look for the positive' and find something good out of each Sunday.  The brief moments where the kids sit and listen (though brief and far between) make me feel like things are starting to click.  When Emma decides to stand up and lead the music or wave hi to someone she happens to see - I try to see a beautiful little girl who is active and curious about her surroundings.  When Ben lays on top of me and won't hold still - I try to remember that he is 'only' two and that he loves ME!  Truly, life may not be perfect... but it is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment