Monday, November 19, 2012

Gratitude Day #19: Insurance

When the hailstorm hit, I can't remember thinking to myself that I was thankful for the storm... but with all the insurance coverage we were able to get I have now come to the conclusion that I am indeed thankful.  I'm glad that even though we've had to 'fight' a bit with our insurance to get what we need, at least we had insurance and everything is going to be fixed.  The biggest blessing (in my mind) is that we really needed to have our living room window replaced.  The seal had gone on it and it let in quite a bit of cold.  When the storm went through, I was a little disappointed that it hadn't cracked the window, but once we had contractors out looking at all the damage, they discovered a hole in the frame of the window.  Voila!  Insurance was contacted and a new window was ordered.  Today was the happy day that it was replaced!  Oh to be able to see out and enjoy the view again!  What a blessing!

Before... if you look close you can see the kids drawings!
A work in progress.
The final product!  Now to get blinds and curtains up!

No comments:

Post a Comment