Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gratitude Day #7 - Being a Mommy

I had the chance to go in to Lethbridge today with the kids.  It's not very often that I take them by myself as it usually turns into a bit of a gong show trying to keep them from running off or touching every single item in the stores we go in to, but they did amazingly well today!  I'm trying to give them a little space to explore when I can be sure it's safe to do so, and I was impressed at how well they actually listened (most of the time).  We had to put a few things back and apologize a few more, but there were no meltdowns or disappearing acts!  It was actually quite fun to watch their expressions and see how excited they were for every little thing they saw.  Emma was a little worried about going in to Wal-Mart because she remembered all the Halloween stuff that was up the last time we went in.  She was sure there was going to be 'scary' things there.  Ben 'helped' push the cart all around the dollar store.  It was just an all around good experience, which really made up for this morning when they were both crying and throwing temper tantrums for 45 minutes straight!  It makes me want to be able to capture every little thing about them so that I'll never forget... they grow so fast and it seems like a blur now from when they were just babies (could have been from the lack of sleep).  I love being a mom... especially when I allow myself to do things on 'their' time and not mine.  No deadlines make a huge difference in how happy we all are!

No comments:

Post a Comment