Monday, June 2, 2014

Fort Steele

My dad had to do an airplane inspection today for a guy that lives just down the road from Fort Steele.  Mom was telling me about it and then suggested that the kids and I come with them and we could go through Fort Steele while Dad did the inspection.  I didn’t have anything planned, so we decided to tag along! 

They had to leave at 7:00 in the morning, so we came for dinner Sunday night and then slept over.  The kids thought it was great!  I was wishing that I’d managed to get them to sleep in other rooms… especially after all the acrobatics Ben performed during the night!  Boy that kid can move.  I didn’t get much sleep.

We got on the road by about 7:15, and after hitting some construction, we got to Fort Steele about 10:30.  It was nice to wander around without any crowds.  It felt like we had the whole place to ourselves most of the time. 

IMG_5506

The kids loved seeing all the animals and Ben tried out every single door, latch, padlock, etc.

IMG_5448

Seriously, this kid’s face cracks me up.  Ben was so funny making funny faces and noises all day long.

IMG_5458IMG_5469

Didn’t matter how many pictures we took… I didn’t get one with them actually looking at the camera.  Oh well, it just proves that I was there with them! 

We stopped to look at some sheep and mom started baa-ing at them.  Ben thought it was absolutely hilarious when the one sheep would baa back in a very low baa.  It was so funny.

IMG_5475

The kids loved being able to explore all the different houses and thought these human sized dolls were pretty neat.

IMG_5478IMG_5486

The blossoms were so beautiful.  We couldn’t have asked for a better day.

IMG_5489  IMG_5500IMG_5493

We stopped in Blairmore to see the little church that I remember stopping at as a kid.  Emma and Ben thought it was pretty cute.

IMG_5509IMG_5511

  IMG_5513  IMG_5515

We stopped in Pincher Creek at the Wal-Mart to grab a few things and while we were there, mom borrowed my phone.  It wasn’t until we were almost to Hill Spring when I went to put something into my phone and discovered that it wasn’t in the van.  Mom tried to call it, but no one answered.  She looked my phone up on the app ‘Find My Friends’ and could see it was in the parking lot.  We stopped and got turned around and checked the app again and could see that the phone had moved into the store.  She tried calling again, and someone answered!  The phone had been turned in and was at the Customer Service desk!  It was a long drive back, but I’m so glad that there are still honest people and that I got my phone back!

No comments:

Post a Comment